January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Today is my mom's 55th Birthday...she will probably shoot me for disclosing how "young" she is. I can't say enough about this woman. She is an amazing daughter...she loves her parents so much and has been an example on how to honor your parents. She is a great sister to her younger brother and younger sister. She is an amazing wife...she has been married to my dad for almost 35 years. But, what she is so great at, and what I can personally attest to is the wonderful mom she is and has been to me for 30 years. Everyday, I think about how impossible it will be for me to live up to so many amazing things she has done in my lifetime, alone. She is the most unselfish person I know. She gives of herself daily for her family.
So..in her honor here is my Top Ten List ..

"Top 10 Reasons why I have the Best Mom"
10. She bakes me homemade cakes for my birthday and has for 30 years.
9. She used to go fill my car up with gas in the middle of the night when I was in high school(until she accidentally put diesel in it one time..haha)
8. She came to every pep rally and football game to see me as the mascot my senior year and even tried to video tape them (She is electronically challenged, so this is a big one!)
7. When my friends would come over to spend the night, she would cook us a buffet of food for midnight snacks.
6. She stops by randomly throughout the week to bring me starbucks.
5. She loves my son, as if he were her own.
4. She cooks her heart out at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners to make sure everyone in the family has their "favorite" food item.
3. She spends hours picking out the perfect card and then writes a book inside.
2. When she comes over to watch Logan, she always tries to clean my house, do my laundry, vacuum, etc. (Who gets free babysitting and maid service?)
1. She loves the Lord with all her heart and as a result loves everyone unconditionally!

I love you, mom and hope the Lord lets you live to be 100!!


3 comments:

sunshyneshanny said...

Your sweet adoration of your mom brought tears to my eyes(actually, right now-the keys on the keyboard are blurry). I agree and can attest to almost all of your listed reasons. The only one I cannot attest to (personally) is the babysitting maid service-cause I'm not there, but it is definitely in character! Sarah and I called her last night and all she could talk about was everyone else. Typical Aunt Sherry behavior! You really are blessed-we are all blessed by her! Love you Kelly!

Kelly said...

Aaah! Thanks, Shannon! You're right, we are all blessed by her! Love and miss you!

Kelly Hamilton said...

I pray my kiddos will one day be able to lift me up with such honor as you do your Mom. I know Logan and Luke are so very blessed having you as their Mommy and Sherry as their Grandmommy. I always enjoyed coming to your house to spend the night. I loved the encouraging notes she would stick in my overnight bag. Everytime I think of your Mom, I picture a Proverbs 31 woman. I love you, Kel!!