January 9, 2011

What a week....but nice ending!

So, Monday we found out I had the flu. Monday night, Luke didn't sleep much at all. Charles took him to Dr. Justice on Tuesday and found out that the moron staff in Dallas have been misdiagnosing him for WEEKS. He started acting like he didn't feel so great around Logan's birthday...yeah, December 14th. We took him to the doctor (in Dallas) on December 20th. He was diagnosed with a right ear infection. The doctor gave him some meds. He never acts like he is feeling any better. But, we chalk it up to it being Christmas and busy and maybe that's it? No...still not any better so a week later (27th) we go back to the doctor. All the main doctors are out for Christmas vacation so we see a new doctor. I'm thinking right out of medical school. Like, maybe we were her first patients. I figured his ears were still infected and the meds weren't working and we would need some new medication. Well, L.O.N.G. story short....she didn't "see" anything wrong with him and I had to plead with her that there must be because although I am not a doctor, I am his mom and something is wrong with this child. So...she finally decides maybe his ears are still infected and we'll change his meds. So..back to Tuesday...Dr. Justice sees little Luke and says he is VERY sick. He had a severe double ear infection, that started with RSV more than likely and probably had the flu somewhere in between. Lovely. Dr. J said we were at plan c which meant he was getting a shot of rocephin in the office and then sent him home on breathing treatments and new medication. We also found out that both doctors that saw Luke from the Dallas office, had him on a very low dose of medication. Not even powerful enough to kick an ear infection. So...needless to say, we're switching back to Dr. Justice. No more nonsense!

Tuesday night, Logan starts acting like he's not feeling well and just wants to lay on the couch and then around 8 pm asked if he could go to bed....uh, that never happens. This kiddo is sick. He ended up throwing up a few times that night. Charles (aka SUPER-DAD) took him to see Dr. Justice on Wednesday. Logan was tested for the flu and it came back highly positive. So...at this point, I'm thinking me and 2011 are so not BFF's. Hopefully, we're knocking out the rough spots now.

The rough part is that both of my babies are sick...and so am I. What a struggle. My job is to take care of those little guys and nothing is worse than hearing them cry for Mommy and I'm so out of it. Thursday I did feel better and tried to help some. I wouldn't have survived without my awesome husband! He missed so much work and played Mr. Mom and Super Dad all at the same time! My parents were also so helpful. They ran so many errands and mom came over several times to help with laundry and clean. I also have some pretty amazing friends who brought us dinners to help out. Charles has stayed well, thankfully. But, he flew out on Friday for a business trip to California. I was still so low on energy on Friday and the boys still didn't feel so great...I told him I felt like the little guppy fish that gets thrown into the ocean, screaming "I'M NOT READY!!" However, we are making it. Just really my hubby and the kids miss their Daddy.

So...after all this crazy mayhem of a week, the highlight was waking up today to this- SNOW!!!!!



Logan was so excited!! He has been begging for it to snow. I tried to break it to him that in Texas it's pretty rare. So crazy that we got a big snow like this last year and then again today! Since Daddy isn't here, we didn't get to make a snowman. But we did run around in it for a few minutes and have some fun. Too bad Charles missed it :(





Thank you Lord, for bringing us a pick me up. The crazy thing about being a Texan, is that snow never gets old!

No comments: