This little "big" guy might never come out :) We went in for our 38 week appointment today and I am still only
dilated to a 1. That would be 2 weeks of no change in that area...but at least it's something. With Logan, I was finally a 1 after 2 failed inductions, so I guess I should be thankful. We had a bit of a scare...the doctor was unsure how the baby was presenting and had us sent for a sonogram to double check. I
immediately started thinking, oh shoot, c-section here we come...but turns out the baby is head down. So, now if we can just get him to bust-a-move and go down a little further, that would be great! I asked the
sono tech if he looked like a big baby to her, because, as I am looking at the screen, this kids looks huge. Huge head...and you should have seen the size of his foot next to his head. (Yeah....he had his big foot all up on his head) She took some quick measurements and said he is measuring about 8lbs at this point. Okay folks....8lbs and that's 2 weeks early. So, I decided to google what the average newborn weighs at birth(40 weeks)....that would be 7.5 lbs. So, I am going to give him a pep talk in the next few days and explain to him that he has much more room out here than inside the cramped quarters he's currently residing in. Charles & I are getting very
excited to meet him!! I can't wait to see if he resembles Logan or Charles or if he looks completely different. I can't wait to see Logan be a big brother. He is ready for this baby to get out...that's what he told me today..."Let's get this baby out!!" If he only knew what he was asking for :) Wait until he hears all that crying...then it will be "Put him back!!"
So, for now...we are just waiting and counting the days. I will try to keep this blog updated for all our long distance family and friends since it's harder
and harder to talk to everyone on a regular basis these days.
Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Kelly,
I'm getting excited for you! I'll be praying that "Little man" comes out soon.
Ty came out so easily I was bored for the next hour while they took him to the back and then took their time to bathe him... take some cards and a magazine to the hospital with you in case you pop that guy out and have nothing to do for a couple of hours.
Seriously.
Had him at noon. Now what do we do with the rest of the day???
Wow! That is so awesome! I hear those last few weeks are the worst. I can't wait to see pictures of him.
Post a Comment