This is Daddy Sass, filling in for the usual writer as she has her hands full at the moment.
So we have been in the hospital for about 8 hours now. Unfortunately, though, Kelly has not received any rest. Hopefully this is a good sign as she has been having regular contractions for over the last 2 hours. No rest for her during this time, but we are seeing more positive results than the first time we tried this induction process a few years ago.
I thought that while I had a chance I would log in here and give my take on the whole situation. This pregnancy I have had a much more calm outlook on the process based on this being our second child. Kelly's outlook has been a little different, and unfortunately she has had a bigger case of the nerves. It's hard for a dad to understand those feelings as this whole thing is definitely much easier for us than it is for the ladies. I imagine this whole situation is like getting ready to go on a roller coaster for the second time. The first time there were some nerves because of the unknown, and perhaps worries on Kelly's side just because of all of the things that she had heard. But she pushed forward in confidence. I imagine now she has a little more apprehension coming as a result of the fact that she knows that this roller coaster definitely has some bite to it and she's about to have to deal with it all over again. I love seeing how strong she is when she deals with all of this. It makes me very proud to know that she pushes forward with the will of a mother and takes the pain for the sake of our family.
I sit hear wondering more about what this sweet little boy will look like and look forward to the years to come, than I do the actual child birth process. I get to thank God that I don't get to take a larger part in the process that Kelly is about to go through. Sure makes you a lot more appreciative of your wife. Logan has given me such an incredibly happy outlook on parenthood. The prospect of having a second son to enjoy life with makes me so excited. I am thankful for everything that we have been through in the last 3 years as we have gone down this road, and I cannot wait to see what new paths we will go down in the coming years as Kelly and I parent more than one kid.
Thank you God for the blessings that I have been given as a husband and daddy. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
~Charles
March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Charles, this was very touching...I'm glad to read your writings on this subject..and so very happy for you both! Congratulations on Luke..we'll see you guys soon! Love you!
Post a Comment