October 8, 2009

Ode to my Cousin Shannon...



Please forgive me...I have several things that have happened since Luke was born, but I am just always behind.  So many things go on from day to day and I just haven't found a groove at blogging more frequently.  So, sometimes I back track a little....or maybe a lot :)  On May 13th, my sweet cousin Shannon, her husband Robert and her two boys-Sterling & Roddy came to visit us and meet Luke for the first time!  They currently live in Hawaii.  Robert is in the Airforce and they've been all over the last 6 (I think) years...San Antonio, Washington, California, Korea and now Hawaii.  We miss them sooo much, but we were so glad that they were here to visit. We can't wait for September of 2010...hopefully, they will be back to Texas and our families can be around each other more.


 I hope that Logan and Luke can enjoy Sterling and Roddy as much as Shannon and I have enjoyed each other for the last 28 years. She has always been such an important part of my life...I couldn't imagine it without her. 

So...seeing her and her meeting Luke was an amazing present in itself, but as if that wan't plenty, she gave me the most awesome present ever!!!  She handmade the most beautiful quilt/playmat.  These pictures will not do it justice, but hopefully, you can see how amazing it is!!  She even hand stitched his name and birthdate on there!!  Oh, and...she found out what my bedding looked like and found pictures of it from babygap and handmade two of the animals that match exactly and sewed them to the quilt!! I am forever grateful to her.  I am such a sentimental goober about these types of things, and this has to be one of the best to date!  Thank you Shannon, sooooo very much!!  Luke uses this everyday.  He loves it almost as much as I do.  I love you so very much! 















Love,
Cousin



1 comment:

sunshyneshanny said...

Awwww....thank you Kelly ^_^ I love you too!