So..I'm failing miserably at this blogging thing....I think about doing this often, but haven't seem to find the time to fit in in my everyday life just yet...maybe soon. I will have to go back and capture all the posts of Luke's month birthdays that I missed..I continued to take the pictures, but failed at posting the stats and pictures.
Luke turned ONE on March 16th, 2010!! I can't believe it's been a whole year...And I thought Logan's first year went fast...this was SUPER FAST!
Luke~ What are you up to these days??
*
* You are mostly wearing size 18 months clothes and size 4 diapers.
* Running everywhere you can...especially anywhere Big Brother goes...
* Climbing...on toys, furniture, trying to climb in the dryer and in the bathtub
* You are a GREAT eater! You love to eat and will eat anything we give you (except for cake-see party recap)
* You can point and tell us about anything you are wanting.
* You just learned to walk in reverse mode
* You would much rather play with any toy of Big brother's than your own.
* You sleep 10 hours at night and take 2 naps during the day.
* You can say "Mama", "Dada", "Daddy", "This" "Nite-Nite" & "Thank you". Your favorite phrase is "Hi, Daddy!"
* You try to repeat everything you hear...sometimes it comes out pretty close.
* I think once you start really talking, you might compete with me :)
* You know how to throw a ball, kick a ball, roll a ball back and forth on the floor
* You are still really addicted to your pacifier...I dread taking that away from you one day.
* You love for someone to play peek a boo or chase with you.
* Your laugh is infectious!
* I hate it when you don't feel well, but love that you will let me rock you.
* You blow kisses, wave hi and bye, when you hear me on the phone ending a conversation, you yell "BYE-BYE!"
* You love to talk on the phone.
* If you see a door open, you have to close it. You are so smart! You catch on to things really fast.
* You are super loving. You walk up to your brother and give him kisses at least 5 times a day. You give Daddy & me kisses, too.
* My favorite thing is when you give me kisses on your own, without me asking for them. They are the best ever!
We love you so much and can't believe how much you've blessed our lives!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Birthday Weekend Recap:
The events started with Grandma Sheila flying in from California on Thursday. I can't tell you how excited Logan was to go pick up Grandma Sheila from the airport! He told us all the way there that he was going to ask her to stay 10 days (that must be really long in Logan time). The boys had a blast hanging out at the airport, waiting on her plane to arrive. She finally landed and off we went back to Greenville.
Friday was a full day of preparing. Last minute errands and birthday shopping. Then after the boys took their naps, we headed to Rockwall to go introduce Sheila to Gloria's(one of our favorite mexican food restaurants) Grandpa Jim & Grandma Karyn(Sheila's parents) asked Sheila to treat us to a nice restaurant to celebrate Luke's birthday. Thanks to Grandpa Jim & Grandma Karyn, we had a very nice dinner and then we walked around the harbor a little and took a few pictures. Then back home to get ready for the next day~ party day!
Saturday, was actually Sheila's Birthday! We sang happy birthday to her a few times. We had cupcakes just for Grandma Sheila at lunch and sang to her again. I was internally twisted, because I like to make BIG deals on birthdays, but was in a pinch to get last minute things done for Luke's party. Sheila was so sweet and understanding and unselfishly gave up "her day" to help out so much with getting everything ready for Luke's party. I have always called Luke my little monkey. Since he was in the womb, he has always been super active. Since about 10 months, he has become my climber. He has no fear...always climbing on things, lunging over anything in his way. So, it's just fitting that he is "my lil' monkey" and so a monkey party he was going to have! I was pleased with the way his monkey cake turned out, although it ended up being about the hardest cake I've ever made. I decided to do homemade chocolate icing (which I normally just use buttercream for birthday cakes) and it apparently doesn't spread and decorate quite like the buttercream icing does...mental note for next time. We decided to just do a family party and keep it small. Charles made the most fabulous burgers and then we had cake and banana splits for dessert. (We had to have banana's...there one of Luke's favorite foods!) After dinner, we sang Happy Birthday to Luke and gave him the personal cake I made for just him and it didn't play out quite like I thought it would. He took the plate, turned it over and dumped the cake. Then, he stuck his fingers in it and made this horrible face. I decided to put some on my finger and put it in his mouth..because this is my child and he just needs to get one taste of this and he'll get why this is going to be greatness....well, not so much! He started screaming and screaming....so, he never ate any cake, just cried like crazy until we got him out of the high chair and cleaned up. Well, OK...not what I expected, but I guess there's always next year for cute cake pics, right? We loved having the family here and Luke was showered with lots of great new toys!
No comments:
Post a Comment